Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Telnet issue

One of customers encounter the problem of can not telnet sometimes with following error:

(UseName) xinetd[2348]: START: telnet pid=1803 from=::ffff:133.172.193.89
(ServerName) xinetd[2348]: EXIT: telnet status=0 pid=1803 duration=0(sec)
Usually, the connection will interrupt and exit after 6~7 seconds. And HPOO side will accept the return code and go on the next deal.

I checked there no firewall and no other server telnet at same time. The xinetd.conf is also correct as same as other server that do not have this problem.

And this problem happened occasionally. I suspect that the telnet server has some problem. So suggest customer to restart the service xinetd. But the customer are afraid of the restart will impact other application.

Is there a good way to replace restart xinetd service?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Olman_Q_OO Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Telnet issue

Thank you for contacting HPE Forum.

My name is Olman, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question, the best option is open a new case due to it is necessary to check the OO logs in order to analyze if the issue is the flow or the telnet server that you mentioned.

Xinetd service is not part of OO so this is a third party tool (linux), and unfortunately we dont have documentation about it. "xinetd is the only daemon process started and it listens on all service ports for the services listed in its configuration file. When a request comes in, xinetd starts the appropriate server."

Regards

Olman Guzman Quesada
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.