Absent Member.. nb140150 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The process cannot access the file '\\xxxxxxx\d$\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orches.

Hello Team.

I am currently trying to access the execution.log file from Studio. However I am getting the below message.

The process cannot access the file '\\xxxxxxx\d$\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orchestration\central\var\logs\execution.log' because it is being used by another process.

I want to periodically read this file as we currently have database issues. We want to pickup the db error message from here. I want to create an email notification and build in sms functionality. I already have these 2 flows, I am having a problem reading the file.

The operation I am using is Read file

/Base [1.9.1]/Library/Operations/File System/Windows Only/Read File   = HP OO 10.70

Please advise if anyone came across this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Josue_G_OO Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: The process cannot access the file '\\xxxxxxx\d$\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orc

Hi,

That's an expected behavior since the execution.log is being written by HPOO while flows are being executed, that is blocking the file from reading/writing it for others.

I think you may need to redesign the flow to create a copy of the file and then read the copy.

Is the operation Read File working with any other files?

Regards,

Josue Gómez
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. nb140150 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: The process cannot access the file '\\xxxxxxx\d$\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orc

Hi,

Many thanks for your response, I will try to create a copy of the exe file.

Yes, The Read File Operation works on other files. I have tried this on many files.

Regards

Nichal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.