Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect

Jump to solution

Customer has run a legacy API call to OO 10.6 it failed with "The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect"

The API call was:

https://10.31.1.62:8443/PAS/services/rest/execute_async/Library/CBAAutomation/PPMC/PPMC_FetchExtracts

This problem not always happen, just happen sometimes.

I searched the resource and got the problem of "The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect" is typically caused by the data for the form is inconsistent with parameters that method needs.   And from customer's log I saw many times the OO is reconnect to DB.

So I suspect there may have some data are not synchronous in database. 

However the customer hope we provide specific reason to prove this issue. While I did not find any special information about this in log file.

Does anyone knows how to debut this problem, or give me some clue.

I attached related files.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luis_V_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect

Jump to solution

Hello Foy,

I see 2 things: 

• The API call is being performed with with incorrect/missing parameters. Please, check if the parameters are the same all the time or if they may vary.
  • I see hibernate errors that might be related to some networking issues which leads the request to end up with a Read Timeout error. Verify if there are network problems that might affect transactions.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Luis Quiros

Luis Quiros
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
KIEN_NGUYEN_CSA Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you see any error message in the log file while running ?

if yes, please share.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for your reply, the error logs in execution.log at the timestamp is following:

2017-11-14 18:42:17,836 [http-nio-8443-exec-28] (ExecutionQueueRepositoryImpl.java:480) ERROR - Failed to execute query: SELECT EXEC_STATE_ID, ASSIGNED_WORKER, EXEC_GROUP , STATUS, PAYLOAD, MSG_SEQ_ID , MSG_ID, q.CREATE_TIME FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES q, OO_EXECUTION_STATES s WHERE (q.ASSIGNED_WORKER = ?) AND (q.STATUS IN (?)) AND (q.EXEC_STATE_ID = s.ID) AND (NOT EXISTS (SELECT qq.MSG_SEQ_ID FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES qq WHERE (qq.EXEC_STATE_ID = q.EXEC_STATE_ID) AND qq.MSG_SEQ_ID > q.MSG_SEQ_ID)) ORDER BY q.CREATE_TIME org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [SELECT EXEC_STATE_ID, ASSIGNED_WORKER, EXEC_GROUP , STATUS, PAYLOAD, MSG_SEQ_ID , MSG_ID, q.CREATE_TIME FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES q, OO_EXECUTION_STATES s WHERE (q.ASSIGNED_WORKER = ?) AND (q.STATUS IN (?)) AND (q.EXEC_STATE_ID = s.ID) AND (NOT EXISTS (SELECT qq.MSG_SEQ_ID FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES qq WHERE (qq.EXEC_STATE_ID = q.EXEC_STATE_ID) AND qq.MSG_SEQ_ID > q.MSG_SEQ_ID)) ORDER BY q.CREATE_TIME ]; I/O Error: Read timed out; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Read timed out

2017-11-14 21:06:17,528 [local-scheduler-persisted_Worker-8] (ExecutionQueueRepositoryImpl.java:480) ERROR - Failed to execute query: SELECT DISTINCT EXEC_STATE_ID FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES WHERE (STATUS = 7) OR (STATUS = 😎 OR (STATUS = 6)
org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [ SELECT DISTINCT EXEC_STATE_ID FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES WHERE (STATUS = 7) OR (STATUS = 😎 OR (STATUS = 6) ]; I/O Error: Read timed out; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Read timed out

2017-11-14 21:50:28,944 [http-nio-8443-exec-58] (ExecutionQueueRepositoryImpl.java:480) ERROR - Failed to execute query: SELECT EXEC_STATE_ID, ASSIGNED_WORKER, EXEC_GROUP , STATUS, PAYLOAD, MSG_SEQ_ID , MSG_ID, q.CREATE_TIME FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES q, OO_EXECUTION_STATES s WHERE (q.ASSIGNED_WORKER = ?) AND (q.STATUS IN (?)) AND (q.EXEC_STATE_ID = s.ID) AND (NOT EXISTS (SELECT qq.MSG_SEQ_ID FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES qq WHERE (qq.EXEC_STATE_ID = q.EXEC_STATE_ID) AND qq.MSG_SEQ_ID > q.MSG_SEQ_ID)) ORDER BY q.CREATE_TIME
org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [SELECT EXEC_STATE_ID, ASSIGNED_WORKER, EXEC_GROUP , STATUS, PAYLOAD, MSG_SEQ_ID , MSG_ID, q.CREATE_TIME FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES q, OO_EXECUTION_STATES s WHERE (q.ASSIGNED_WORKER = ?) AND (q.STATUS IN (?)) AND (q.EXEC_STATE_ID = s.ID) AND (NOT EXISTS (SELECT qq.MSG_SEQ_ID FROM OO_EXECUTION_QUEUES qq WHERE (qq.EXEC_STATE_ID = q.EXEC_STATE_ID) AND qq.MSG_SEQ_ID > q.MSG_SEQ_ID)) ORDER BY q.CREATE_TIME ]; I/O Error: Read timed out; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Read timed out

0 Likes

Jump to solution

in general.log, we found this error:

2017-11-14 21:50:01,583 [http-nio-8443-exec-59] (SqlExceptionHelper.java:146) ERROR - Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UQ_OO_RUNTIME_VALUE_STORE_KEY'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.OO_RUNTIME_VALUE_STORE'. The duplicate key value is (LOCK:20171114205630-1496046490-9f70b0af-ec48-4d27-93a0-7768dff64e67.xmltemp).

in server.log, we found this error:

2017-11-14 21:06:22,235 [http-nio-8443-exec-5] (FlowExecutionV2Controller.java:251) ERROR - Could not roll back JPA transaction; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: unexpected error when rollbacking
org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not roll back JPA transaction; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: unexpected error when rollbacking

in Wrap.log

INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/11/14 22:11:43 | SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [backwards-compatibility] in context with path [/oo] threw exception
INFO | jvm 1 | 2017/11/14 22:11:43 | java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaSystemException: could not inspect JDBC autocommit mode; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not inspect JDBC autocommit mode

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Foy,

I see 2 things: 

• The API call is being performed with with incorrect/missing parameters. Please, check if the parameters are the same all the time or if they may vary.
  • I see hibernate errors that might be related to some networking issues which leads the request to end up with a Read Timeout error. Verify if there are network problems that might affect transactions.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Luis Quiros

Luis Quiros

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Foy,

Is the issue still present with this API call? Kindly confirm if not so that we can take this thread as closed.

Thank you!

Luis Quiros

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.