Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable configure RAS in HPOO 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am have installed HPOO10. I am confued with RAS concept over here. I create new value under  "configuration/groupalias", But i am unable add RAS URL , Can anybody Please tell me the procedure to configure RAS.

I refered studio and central guide, I didn't find proper solution for this, Please help me on this

Thanks

Jadda Pavan kumar

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..
This reply was also posted in one of the threads on LinkedIn

To add a RAS server to an OO installation the methodology has shifted -- during the installation process of the RAS component you supply a URL for Central and if necessary credentials to authenticate with -- the RAS installer then registers with Central.

To use the new RAS server from within Central: go to "System Workspace" -> "Topology" -> "Workers"
Select the new RAS server and enable it
Make sure you assign it to the group you intend to utilize it through - default being "RAS_Operator_Path"

You can also find the RAS configuration file under <OO Install Path>\ras\conf

This online reference might be of assistance <OO Install Path>\central\tomcat\webapps\online-help\online-help.htm
//Actively seeking HPOO opportunities

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

You can reag pg. 30 in the concepts guide (Concepts_Guide.pdf) for a better understanding.

In short, this is the process:

1. In Studio - Assign your operation to a group alias
  2. In Central - Assign that group alias to a group
  3. In Central - Assign RASes to the group

This way the author is entirely unaware of the actual topology of the OO servers, but instead declared his operation's needs during authoring. For example by creating an alias called Linux (Meaning he wants the operations to run on Linux machines)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have followed steps given by you. But where can i configure  RAS  URL ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you mean configuring the RAS URL for an operation? That is not necessary anymore, you only assign a group alias to the operation instead.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..
This reply was also posted in one of the threads on LinkedIn

To add a RAS server to an OO installation the methodology has shifted -- during the installation process of the RAS component you supply a URL for Central and if necessary credentials to authenticate with -- the RAS installer then registers with Central.

To use the new RAS server from within Central: go to "System Workspace" -> "Topology" -> "Workers"
Select the new RAS server and enable it
Make sure you assign it to the group you intend to utilize it through - default being "RAS_Operator_Path"

You can also find the RAS configuration file under <OO Install Path>\ras\conf

This online reference might be of assistance <OO Install Path>\central\tomcat\webapps\online-help\online-help.htm
//Actively seeking HPOO opportunities

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi, I have performed those steps and the error persists:

"This execution is supposed to work on components that belong to the 'XXX' group. Currently, there are no components assigned to the 'windowsgroup' group."

In the topology my RAS Standard is active and i added to the group XXX, in the flow, it have input named: overrideNRAS 

Regards,

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Right click the operation and select open operation

under inputs what is the value in "override group" 

overrideJRAS -> override java based operations

overrideNRAS -> override .net based operations 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

yeah, my operation have OverrideGroup "overrideNRAS" because is a .Net Execution, in the first step in the flow, i set a flow variable keName: overrideNRAS Value: "rasgroup2".

Then, in central, for new StandardRAS (installed on windows server) y added to group "rasgroup2", but the problem persist.

I checked the topology view and the new RAS is enable and available, but doesn't have Operating System, JDK and .NET label (blank), --> this server have installer .net framework 4.5 and Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 (x86), requirements.

When I installed in the same windows server another Central in Cluster mode (no RAS module) the previous label appear correctly, but the Central service doesn't up, this is why,  i don't use central installation.. I preffer RAS.

I have my principal central in Contenerized mode, on RedHat and firewalls are stop in all servers

I attach printscreen, thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Thanks for all the screen shots

I dont see a screenshot of the actual operation in the flow you're creating

did you add an input for overrideNRAS and assign it to the variable in your flow? 

*Clarification 

The override value assigned at the flow level doesnt actually do anything - you need to add the input each operation within the flow that you want to operate on a specific RAS

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

yes, I create input inside the flow named overrideNRAS and with constant "rasgroup2", if I change the value rasgroup2 for "RAS_Operator_Path" the flow runs ok,  but in server linux, with error dotNETWebActions (only doesn't take the value for the new ras group).

I also tried using the variable overrideNRAS asignated with variable SystemProperty, and the error is the same.

Share with you this screenshot.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.