Established Member.. santafebound
Established Member..

Unable to build custom action in HP OO 10 with Maven

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using Maven 3.2.1 and HP OO sdk-java-1.0.49 + sdk-dotnet-1.0.49.

I've been following the video guide provided with the installation of HP OO Studio: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Operations Orchestration\studio\tutorials\Creating_plugin\Creating_plugin.html

I am stuck at 1:55. Every time I try mvn clean install the project (in cmd line, Eclipse, and even IntelliJ) I get a BUILD FAILURE and therefore I am unable to create the necessary .jar file that is needed to create a new operatoin in Studio. I've tried multiple combinations of Maven and the Sdk but nothing seems to be working.

See my Maven Problems here:

Description     Resource       Path    Location        Type

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.hp.oo.sdk:oo-action-plugin-maven-plugin:10.20.8:generate-action-plugin (execution: generate-contentpack-plugin, phase: process-sources)          pom.xml         /myArtifact2-plugin   line 34 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

Description     Resource       Path    Location        Type

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: com.hp.oo.sdk:oo-contentpack-maven-plugin:10.20.8:generate-contentpack (execution: generate-contentpack-plugin, phase: process-resources)          pom.xml         /myArtifact2-cp        line 41 Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem

Without this I am unable to create custom actions in HP OO 10. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member..

Re: Unable to build custom action in HP OO 10 with Maven

Jump to solution

I managed to solve my problem by finding a missing pom.xml file in my local .m2 repository at the following directory: C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3, and then renaming it score-content-sdk-1.3.pom

This was a subtle bug as it requires extracing the score-content-sdk-1.3.jar (right-click, extract files here...) located at: C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3, and then copying the pom.xml located at C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3\score-content-sdk-1.3\META-INF\maven\com.hp.score.sdk\score-content-sdk back into C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3 in your local .m2 repository. Once the new pom.xml is copied here, rename it to score-content-sdk-1.3.pom. This solved my Eclipse error:

Failed to execute goal com.hp.oo.sdk:oo-contentpack-maven-plugin:10.20.8:generate-contentpack (generate-contentpack-plugin) on project myArtifact-cp: Execution generate-contentpack-plugin of goal com.hp.oo.sdk:oo-contentpack-maven-plugin:10.20.8:generate-contentpack failed: Unable to execute mojo: Failed to build repo: Error resolving project artifact: Failure to find com.hp.score.sdk:score-content-sdk:pom:1.3 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced for project com.hp.score.sdk:score-content-sdk:pom:1.3 -> [Help 1]

0 Likes
4 Replies
ligia_centea
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

There seems to be an incompatibility between your Maven and SDK version.

Could you try using Maven 3.0.5?

Maven 3.2.1 is required for sdk versions greater than 10.50. You could try downloading that.

Hope it helps,

Ligia

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I fear that I've tried almost every combination and I can't get it to work. Maven 3.0.3, 3.0.5, 3.2.1, with SDK 10.49 and 10.50. Are there any even older SDKs available?

When importing to Eclipse, I get the following errors:

Failed to execute goal com.hp.oo.sdk:oo-contentpack-maven-plugin:10.20.8:generate-contentpack (generate-contentpack-plugin) on project myArtifact-cp: Execution generate-contentpack-plugin of goal com.hp.oo.sdk:oo-contentpack-maven-plugin:10.20.8:generate-contentpack failed: Unable to execute mojo: Failed to build repo: Error resolving project artifact: Failure to find com.hp.score.sdk:score-content-sdk:pom:1.3 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced for project com.hp.score.sdk:score-content-sdk:pom:1.3 -> [Help 1]

Description Resource Path Location Type
Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo definitions were found for plugin: myGroup:myArtifact-plugin.' (org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-plugin:3.2:descriptor:default-descriptor:process-classes)

org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo definitions were found for plugin: myGroup:myArtifact-plugin.'
at org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.AbstractGeneratorMojo.execute(AbstractGeneratorMojo.java:245)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.DescriptorGeneratorMojo.execute(DescriptorGeneratorMojo.java:92)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.execute(MavenImpl.java:331)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl$11.call(MavenImpl.java:1362)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl$11.call(MavenImpl.java:1)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.executeBare(MavenExecutionContext.java:176)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:112)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.execute(MavenImpl.java:1360)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.MojoExecutionBuildParticipant.build(MojoExecutionBuildParticipant.java:52)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilderImpl.build(MavenBuilderImpl.java:137)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$1.method(MavenBuilder.java:172)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$1.method(MavenBuilder.java:1)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod$1$1.call(MavenBuilder.java:115)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.executeBare(MavenExecutionContext.java:176)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:112)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod$1.call(MavenBuilder.java:105)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:151)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:99)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod.execute(MavenBuilder.java:86)
at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder.build(MavenBuilder.java:200)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:734)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:205)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:245)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:300)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:303)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:359)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:144)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.descriptor.InvalidPluginDescriptorException: No mojo definitions were found for plugin: myGroup:myArtifact-plugin.
at org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.scanner.DefaultMojoScanner.populatePluginDescriptor(DefaultMojoScanner.java:126)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.AbstractGeneratorMojo.execute(AbstractGeneratorMojo.java:233)
... 33 more
pom.xml /myArtifact-plugin line 11 Maven Build Problem

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I managed to solve my problem by finding a missing pom.xml file in my local .m2 repository at the following directory: C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3, and then renaming it score-content-sdk-1.3.pom

This was a subtle bug as it requires extracing the score-content-sdk-1.3.jar (right-click, extract files here...) located at: C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3, and then copying the pom.xml located at C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3\score-content-sdk-1.3\META-INF\maven\com.hp.score.sdk\score-content-sdk back into C:\Users\MNXE\.m2\repository\com\hp\score\sdk\score-content-sdk\1.3 in your local .m2 repository. Once the new pom.xml is copied here, rename it to score-content-sdk-1.3.pom. This solved my Eclipse error:

0 Likes
Established Member.. AAT385
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Ligia,

Thank you very much to suggesting version 3.2.1.  The 'OO 10 SDK - Getting Started' guide said to use 3.0.5, but it didn't work as I kept getting API Incompatibility error.  My plugin now works.  I also found that I had to copy and paste my local Maven repository to the <user>\.oo\data\maven\ directory as well for OO Studio to load the plugin, which wasn't clear in the guide.  Perhaps I have an old version of the guide.

Ref:

HP OO 10 OnBoarding Kit - The OO 10 SDK - Getting Started

HP Operations Orchestration  - Action Developers Guide, July 2015

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.