jadda Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to copy file from RAS to server using SFTP operation

Hi,

I am trying to copy files from RAS sserver to  Linuxserver using SFTP PUT, Surprisingly It is showing as "Auth fail' Error. I have double checked credentials, They are fine. I am able to login manually and able to execute remote commands on the server using 'Remote command operation' . This is very critical issue..Can anybody help me on it

Thanks

Jadda Pavan Kumar

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Unable to copy file from RAS to server using SFTP operation

Hello Jadda,

I am an Operations Orchestration representative and will be researching your question.  I will respond back when I get more info.

Thank you,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello again Jadda,

We need to investigate the OS vendor log files.  Can you please check the /var/log/secure logs for RedHat linux (or the Windows Event Logs for Windows) and see if there is an error or description which might be useful? Check why the destination is refusing the connection in those sshd logs.  They will be definitive source on why it is refusing the connection; this will dictate whether (OO) is actually sending the correct info.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
jadda Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

I have checked the server , i didn't find any file with name "/var/log/secure". And I had checked  /var/log/messages.I didn't find anything. Nothing was noticied. Can u please tell me where exactly all these logs will be stored when communication happened. Please let me know if you need any further information .

Thanks

Jadda Pavan

0 Likes
jadda Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Can anybody reply to this post. Does HP Working  or sleeping ?

Thanks

Jadda Pavan Kumar

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello again Jadda,

I had a discussing internally about this issue again.  Here is what was determined.

To the group, it sounds like those are client side logs.  If so, where they are logged would be defined on the target by the definitions in the configuration files for that service.  So we cant tell where they would be.  You could try a Google for your Redhat version and see where the config files should be then look in the config files – you might have to enable logging first. 

Also more than likely you would have to enable SFTP.  If you have an Admin, they should be able to tell you how in your environment.

If you are using windows; FTP and SFTP are not installed/active by default.  Also, if we are getting into parsing logs, etc you will need open a case with OO support.

Hope that helps, its very hard to be more specific without the OS of RAS and the target, and all the symptoms.

Kind Regards,

Jason Cantrell

HP OO Support

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.