Trusted Contributor.. anatt170407 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Unable to revoke Permissions set for Admin in 10.10

Jump to solution

Hello All,

While trouble shooting an issue with the Support team, I accidentally unchecked the option under Permission for Run and View for different subflows, while logged in as Admin. Due to this i am unable to execute the flows nor  am i able to set the permissions back to the subflows in Central.

Has any body faced this issue in the new version, if yes can you please help in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Arvind

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Unable to revoke Permissions set for Admin in 10.10

Jump to solution

I have checked with the support team, and it is confirmed that the issue is reproducable in HP labs, hence i would wait for the patch, however the workaround would be to include the promoter role to the users.

@stephaniemason1 wrote:

I have a similar problem with our implementation of OO 10.10 both at Greenlight group and at a customer site. We cannot grant permissions to non admin users to run flows that are not part of the HP provided content packs. I have a support case open that theoretically has been bumped to development but havent heard back on it since it was moved by first level support on Friday.

Stephanie Mason

Greenlight Group

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. daniel_daraban Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Arvind,

My name is Daniel and I am an Engineer from the OO Support team.

Can you please confirm that the Group which contains the admin user has Manage Flow Permissions? 

You can easily check this by going to System Configuration -> Roles -> Select the group -> Edit -> Permissions

The admin user (or the user that is part of the Administrator group) should be able to view all the flows.

Are you able to see the Parent folder where the flows without permission reside?

Also, please let us know exactly what version of OO you are using.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Daniel,

I  spoke to HP tech support and found that the behavior inconsistent. We are using HPOO 10.10 and we saw that with the Admin priveledge we were unable to see some of the folders, however after adding another role to the admin user (Administrator and Promoter) we were able to see those folders which were not visible only with Administrator role. I think this may be an issue with the new version of HPOO.

Regards,

Arvind NR

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

It sound like you may already have a support case open - If so please continue to resolve using the existing case.  If not please open a case so this issue can be investigated and tracked.

Regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member.. stephaniemason1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem with our implementation of OO 10.10 both at Greenlight group and at a customer site. We cannot grant permissions to non admin users to run flows that are not part of the HP provided content packs. I have a support case open that theoretically has been bumped to development but havent heard back on it since it was moved by first level support on Friday.

Stephanie Mason

Greenlight Group

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have checked with the support team, and it is confirmed that the issue is reproducable in HP labs, hence i would wait for the patch, however the workaround would be to include the promoter role to the users.

@stephaniemason1 wrote:

Stephanie Mason

Greenlight Group

0 Likes
Absent Member.. stephaniemason1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.