anoopambli Contributor.
Contributor.

Undrelying connection method for Windows servers

I am fairly new to HPOO, i have been spending time on learning various operations and building some flows. One question which has been lingering in my mind is, 'How does HPOO operations connects to a Windows machine? Does it use NetBIOS or WMI'. If i am running some operations for a windows servers, will there be any threads or processes HPOO creates temporarily to excute the operation on the remote?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Undrelying connection method for Windows servers

Hello

Thank you for contacting HPE Forum.

My name is Carlos, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question, the connection method will depend of the operation that you are using. Some may use WMI and some other NetBIOS. Please check on the operation description or in the folder description to get more details about which method is used.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best Regards,

Carlos Roberto Rojas Chaves | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Operations Orchestration / Cloud Service Automation.

San Jose, Costa Rica

hpe.com

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.