Absent Member.. george_cassar Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Upgrade from OO 10.02 to 10.1

Hi all,

Has anyone successfuly upgraded an OO cluster from 10.02 to 10.1? (2 central nodes & 2 Ras's)

I've done this on a relatively clean installation (a few days old) with no issues. But when upgrading on a clustered system that is over 6 months old with quite alot of data in the OO db the process doesnt suceed so 'cleanly'. (Hence the new build which later went through successfully)

The upgrade guide doco states

Migration of the Events Log

HP OO 10.10 introduces the step log mechanism which replaces the events log from earlier versions. When you upgrade to HP OO 10.10, part of the upgrade process is migrating the events log, which enables you to view run tracking information of runs from before the upgrade. You will be able to view this information in the Run Tree and the Run Log in Central.

Note: The events log will only be migrated if it has up to 500,000 execution events. An events log with more than this will fail the upgrade.

Note: Migrating the events logs adds to the time it takes to upgrade from 10.x to 10.10. Larger events logs will make the upgrade take longer.

Has anyone run into the scenario where their events table exceed this count? (I currently have over 23,000,000 rows in the execution_events table, and thats not including execution_events_1 to _4) are execution_events_1 to _4 event altered as part of the upgrade?

If so what have you done with the data? Will a simple move suffice? (as a requirement i need to keep this data for atleast 3 months)

How long did the upgrade of 500,000 rows actually take? As this is a clustered environment all OO services need to be stopped, so i need to understand how long OO will be unavailable for?

Anytips/guidance that hasnt beed mentioned in the doco wouold be much appreciated...

Thanks all 🙂

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.