Absent Member.. DBR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Users can't see flows even though they have read, execute and link to permissions.

Jump to solution

Users can't see flows even though they have read, execute and link to permissions.

Sometime a few weeks ago, when I promoted new flows and changed the permissions for our users so they may test against the new flows we promoted the users can't see the new flows.  They can still see the old ones, just not new ones.  They can see the folders but not any flows.

I imported the flows into another enviornment and they can see them.  It is something with this environment only.

I opened a ticket with HP (#4644797099) on this issue but they haven't been able to come up with anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Users can't see flows even though they have read, execute and link to permissions.

Jump to solution

Hello Don,

I saw the update in Darwin's ticket (mentioned above).  The resolution was that there were references to object in another environment which caused the user permissions issues.

I have accepted this as the solution.  Please let us know if you ever need assistance again! Thank you for your time and efforts with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: Users can't see flows even though they have read, execute and link to permissions.

Jump to solution

Hello Don,

I am an OO support representative and we are investigating your case.  Since the re-index and purging of metadata has done nothing to resolve the issue, we are still digging.  Also, we will be having a team meeting on Wednesday of next week and will discuss your case (if it is not resolved by then).  I will post more when I have it.

Thank you,

Jason Cantrell

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks Jason.

Don
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Jason,

Don't forget to bring my ticket up during your team meeting please.

Thanks,
Don
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Don,

I know that several communications are ongoing with Darwin with your Support case. 

Here are highlights:

-There is a OO_Home/Studio/tools/repoutil –defaultperms’ option. This will do a full reset of the permission model. So if you only want to reset the ‘problematic folders/scripts’ you could export/move them to a local repo, run the repoutil to reset the permissions and move/import them back and see if this resolves the issue?  As always, please make sure to have a full file backup before trying any operations.

If you decide to run it on the Central’s rcrepo(full reset), please make sure to do the following:
1) Check in all data to Central.
2) Shutdown Central on the Central server.
3) Backup repository (full backup)
4) Execute the following command. E.g.:
./repoutil.sh -defaultperms -u <central admin> -p <pwd> -1 $ICONCLUDE_HOME/Central-9.x/Central/rcrepo

There is not a confirmation if this worked.  Please let us know.

HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Also, about your question on how you check to see what version the RAS you have.

Answer:  Checking the folder/file listing is the best way to confirm if the RAS component has been patched.

Please remember that each studio component install needs to be patched to 9.07.001 for all users accessing this Central’s repo. Studio->Help->About Studio, or the file/folder listings to confirm the versions for all users.

HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Don,

I saw the update in Darwin's ticket (mentioned above).  The resolution was that there were references to object in another environment which caused the user permissions issues.

I have accepted this as the solution.  Please let us know if you ever need assistance again! Thank you for your time and efforts with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.