Super Contributor.. Chuck Perilli Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Using SSH Key w/passphase with HPOO 10.22

I'm attempting to use a key with passphrase for SSH authentication in an HPOO 10.22 flow.  Key authentication works fine without a passphrase but I have not been able to get it working with a passphrase.  From what I have read the passphrase is specified as the password variable.  I have tried both defining it as a constant and typing it in as "Prompt User".  In both cases I receive  'The keyFilePath is invalid".  I confirmed the path is correct in the flow and also that the key functions properly when used to PuTTY.  Anyone had success using a passphase protected key?  Thanks!

-Chuck

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Bridges Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Using SSH Key w/passphase with HPOO 10.22

Yes, I used the passpharse with the SSH operation in OO 10.22.  Make sure the Obfuscated check box is NOT checked.  I believe it fails if the passphrase is obfuscated.

0 Likes
Srinivaslogic
Visitor.

I've used SSH keys it was working fine for me.

0 Likes
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

When I use my passphrase protected private key, I use pagent to remember it.

I run putty on Windows and it sets it up for Linux/Unix.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.