RickG Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using a wildcard in an input

Hello, has anyone had success using a wildcard in a string of text in an step input?  I am working in the HPSM Incident Management process and I'm trying to build a flow that will identify a specific Incident Title. 

For example, the following is a type of IM ticket title:

SIS Alert COMP-s79w0121.sgp.hp.com:Node, WINDOWS 2008 reports no items checked

The beginning of the string "SIS Alert COMP" will always be the same.  The CI "s79w0121.sgp.hp.com will change depending on which CI has an issue.  The last part of the title "WINDOWS 2008 reports no items checked" will remain the same.

So I have tried using an * and a %, for example SIS Alert COMP*WINDOWS 2008 reports no items checked. 

This has not worked.  Can anyone offer any suggestions that can help me retrieve only this specific title? 

NOTE:  There are other titles similiar to this one and I do not want those.  For example:

SIS Alert COMP-g5w2224c.atlanta.hp.com:Node, WINDOWS 2008 reports 0% OK, 2 monitors checked, 2 in error (C_PORT-g5w2224c.atlanta.hp.com:RPC 135: unable to connect to server, C_PROC-g5w2224c.atlanta.hp.com:Server: unknown error (1,214))

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.