Respected Contributor.. Paul Meaders Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

V10.60 LDAP Configuration Debugging

Is there a way to obtain debugging information when testing an LDAP configuration.  I am implementing LDAP authentication and the user authentication fails when I test it.  I have implemented LDAP authentication on a different set of OO servers, using a different AD forest.  I suspect there is something different with this AD forest.

I checked the standard OO logs (wrapper, server, execution, etc) and didn't see anything.  Is there a different log file? Do I need to set the log level to debug?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
AndreiVarga Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: V10.60 LDAP Configuration Debugging

Hi Paul,

Try with the DEBUG logging level in log4j.properties

The reason for failure should be logged in general or server logs.

DEBUG level will generate a lot of data in short time, I would advise to remember the exact time when you test the LDAP authentication so it would be easier to look for it in the logs.

Andrei V.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Paul Meaders Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Thanks, that did provide a little more information however it was not enough to identify the issue.  I have opened a support case for this.

Paul

0 Likes
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Paul,

I wonder if you got the chance to test the same configuration with another tool and if with that one it worked or not.

An additional option on top of the logs would be to monitor the packets sent and received with wireshark or fiddler.

Best regards,

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.