nrosado Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

VMware Costumizations

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm rebuilding some past flows to deploys Vm's at VMWare vCenters and I'm using the flows from CP vmware vCenter Compute (14.08).

Adding the step "vCenter Provision Server", one of the inputs is "vmFolder". Unfortunatly at description there's no reference to that input. I've tested some options like:
\vmfolder\vmfolder\
\datasorename\vmfolder\
/vmfolder/
/datastorename/vmfolder

But I'm not getting there.

Can someone help me with that?

Thank you

Nelson R

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. LeoCAO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: VMware Costumizations

Jump to solution

It works as I used this functionality many times.

Steps:

1. Create folders on vCenter by VMware vSphere Client

on VMware vSphere Client --> Home page--> VMs and Template--> create folders on root datacenter

example: testfolder1/testfolder2

2. Specify "path" of folder in OO flows or CSA Offering

example: /testfolder1/testfolder2

5 Replies
Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

I'm not farmiliar with the content pack your using, but with the standard virtualisation content pack the 'clone virtual machine' operation uses the format of your 3rd option /vmfolder/

0 Likes
nrosado Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you. I will try again.

0 Likes
scuda20 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am not using folders in my implementation but generally just use /   as the folder to indicated the root

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Sean2016 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I think the content packs expects that the folder you specify actually exists in the vCenter instance..  It's been awhile since I've poked at the content.  If the folder doesn't exist in vCenter, I think the flows just fails.  So try creating some test folder in vCenter then test the clone again.  I think it should work.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. LeoCAO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

It works as I used this functionality many times.

Steps:

1. Create folders on vCenter by VMware vSphere Client

on VMware vSphere Client --> Home page--> VMs and Template--> create folders on root datacenter

example: testfolder1/testfolder2

2. Specify "path" of folder in OO flows or CSA Offering

example: /testfolder1/testfolder2

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.