Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Validating dependencies when importing plugins (10.60)

I'm trying to understand the process for dependencies when a plugin is built in something like netbeans then imported to OO Studio.

The issue is that the repo for maven (.m2/repository) has dependencies that the studio repo does not (.oo/data/maven).

Does anyone have a process they follow to get these aligned? The only way I do it currently is to just copy the folders across which seems like an awfully inefficient way to go about it, I'm imaging there is a better way to achieve this.

btw the machine developing the plugin is not the same as the machine with studio installed. (due to network connectivity for remote debugging).

0 Likes
2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Validating dependencies when importing plugins (10.60)

If you follow the process in the actions developers guide - that should be enough. I would say there is no point to check for missalignments between. At runtime any third party dependencies are being downloaded through maven so if you import the plugin and run a flow things will change in Studio's maven folder too.

Andrei Vasile Truta
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Validating dependencies when importing plugins (10.60)

Thanks for the reply Andrei

In my case I'm using a vmware sdk which isn't part of the maven public repo so from netbeans its considered a manually installed artifact.  Looking at the action guide I don't see anything obvious that discusses how to handle that situation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.