Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

WMI Query won;t timeout

Is there an issue with the WMI Query operation?

/Base [1.10.0]/Library/Operations/WMI/.NET/WMI Query (db1c9e03-65fb-44a8-a5ae-4ab1fe64236b)

I find that it can hold up a flow for a very long period of time. There is no timeout input.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Carlos_R_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: WMI Query won;t timeout

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum. 

My name is Carlos Robles, I am from the OO/CSA team. 

Regarding your question, I was doing a research in the previous CP and checking if this operacion had a time out input, but I could not find this input. I was wondering  if you are getting an error of timeout when you are running this operation.

Best Regards,

Carlos Robles

Carlos Robles Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

No, there is no error, the flow just eventually stops running. It should hit my Run Setting Timeout maximum value of 150 minutes, but I've seen then run for many hours until they are finally "Pending_Cancel".

0 Likes
Carlos_R_OO Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello James,

Thanks for your response, As I know, there is a new Base Content Pack version which is 1.11.0. I was wondering if you could try with thi version in order to see if behaviour persists.

Best Regards,

Carlos Robles.

Carlos Robles Rojas

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

0 Likes
Daniela_G Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello @JamesLindsay

I would like to know if you have an update for this thread?

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need something else.

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Dondon22 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I am using OO 10.70 and I had the same issue in one of my flows, I played around by adding an input "readTimeout" and put a value there in miliseconds but to no avail... maybe we need to update the CP version...

In IT there is no Magic, just Logic ^_^
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.