We need a good engineer to develop wokflows in a LAM environment with OO, SA, DMA in NC/Raleigh
Interested in workin in the Raleigh or North Carolina, here's a chance to work for a gret Financial Institution, BB&T:
You need to know SA, OO, python, and understand the patching process per services/application ( usually OS, DBs, app servers ), you'll intergrate workflows with ServiceNow, SA.
- Participate as a highly skilled member on a team of IT Production Support (Automation) Team, developing, planning, testing and implementing all phases patch automation of AIX and Linux operating systems and database’s (SQL, Oracle, DB2). This is a senior role creating and refining process and workflow, developing, configuring, troubleshooting, testing and documenting automation of patching systems.
- Will participate in efforts related to all phases of development of the patch management process framework and automation while following BB&T standards and procedure. Effectively manage relationships with key support partners, line of business representatives and vendors.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Configure Automated workflows with MicroFocus Operations Orchestrator (formerly HP OO), MicroFocus Server Automation (formerly HP SA), MicroFocus DMA (formerly HP DMA) to automate patching of OS, Agents and Middleware of AIX and Linux operating systems and SQL, Oracle, DB2 databases.
- Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills Experience with Linux or AIX system administration and scripting languages, BASH/SH, Python, SQL, WSDL/REST required. Perl, CHEF PowerShell a plus.
Special Skills Required:
- Mandatory: Red Hat Enterprise Linux and AIX UNIX administration in large environments
- Mandatory: Proficient programmer with scripting in bash/sh, Python and Perl
- Mandatory: Knowledge of one of MicroFocus Server Automation, Operation Orchestration, or Database Middleware Automation. (Formerly HP SA, HP OO, HP DMA)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow integration a plus
- Knowledge of SAP Business Object and Tableau a plus
- Great attitude, communication, and customer service/people skills
- Good work ethic, planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Dependable, responsible, and willing to take the initiative
- Solutions and results oriented
- Experience with virtual servers, SAN and NAS connectivity
Preferred Additional Skills:
o Process management and workflow analysis
o Chef recipe programming
o Red Hat Satellite
o IBM BigFix
If on site you'll find the talent pool very slim - Wells Fargo is also looking for a similar role in the same town (16 months).