TravisBak Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Webservice problem

Hello,

I have run the Webservice wizard to create the objects relating to a webservice i need to invoke. Used the WSDL link on the wizard, it created the objects for the webservice but when I open them they don't have all the requiered fields of the WSDL to invoke the webservice.

Has anyone had this problem or knows if I'm missing some step ?

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.. Matt Huckson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Webservice problem

Hi,

I would recommend downloading the updated web services wizard from the following link;

https://hpln.hp.com/system/files/Web_Services_Wizard_01.00.00_0.zip

This uses the open source soapUI version 4.0.1. The previous version uses 3.0 which might be the problem.

Regards

Matt

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves
your issue, please be sure to mark it as an
accepted solution.
0 Likes
TravisBak Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've been struggling with this problem for a while now, i think it's even the second post i place here with this question 🙂 will try the new web_service_wizard and send you a cookie if it works 😉
0 Likes
TravisBak Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New webservice wizard had the same problem, still not creating the object with all the webservice inputs...

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi

I would suggest you go to this page and setup the account to gain access to this site:

https://hpln.hp.com/group/help-and-support

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Matt

HP Support

accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

If you are still experiencing issues with the new web service wizard I would suggest you raise a support case and attach your wsdl file you are using and detail the exact issue.   An engineer will then investigate this issue for you further

HP Support

accepted solution.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. RiverRat_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

This may or may not be related to the WSDL Wizard.  What the WSDL Wizard ingests and thus creates in HPOO is only as good as the WSDL definition XML.  If the WSDL definition XML isn't marking some fields are required or is missing fields, don't blame the Wizard .. blame the developer / vendor.

It's helped me in the past to use SoapUI as the beginning of working with WSDLs to make sure I know how they work.  MUCH easier to bang through a bunch of testing with SoapUI and figuring out required fields junk that's stumbling/struggling through OO testing to figure out what's wrong with a WSDL definition.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.