Absent Member.. parkl Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What is the default admin login for OO 10.10?

Jump to solution

On a fresh install of HP OO 10.10, what is the default administrator login credentials? Or is there none, and you have to manually create the first admin user? (Documentation is not clear on this respect).

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Sussan_Z_OO Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: What is the default admin login for OO 10.10?

Jump to solution

Hello Parkl,
Thanks for you quick response.

Regarding your update you are right and my apologies for the inconvenient, I have consulted again with my OO Team and they confirmed me that in HPoo 10.10 there is no authentication by default, so you need to create the user, but with another name. Thus there is no default password as it will be whatever the user chooses if they make an admin ID, for instance: you can use "Bob", because the admin ID should not be called admin.

I hope this information help you, but if not don't hesitate to let me know and I will provide you the best answer to you .
Kind Regards,

Sussan Zamora
HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise “
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Parkl,

I am an Operations Orchestration representative, regarding this thread please take a look the next information:

what is the default administrator login credentials?

The default adminsitrator login credentials are: User>admin  - Password > admin

You have to manually create the first admin user?

You can creat an admin user in Central, please look the pictures:

1- You can select the option add from Internal Users.

2- You can see a window where you need put the information about the user and the its privileges.

3-

4- You can see the user was created.

I hope this information help you, but if not, don't hesitate to let me know and I will research about  it.

Best Regards,

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, but what yous how does not seem to match what I see.

I had tried admin/admin, however it did not work. When going in to the Internal Users area, my install shows empty, no users listed at all.

Hence my posting here... This is a fresh vanilla installation of OO 10.10.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Parkl,
Thanks for you quick response.

Regarding your update you are right and my apologies for the inconvenient, I have consulted again with my OO Team and they confirmed me that in HPoo 10.10 there is no authentication by default, so you need to create the user, but with another name. Thus there is no default password as it will be whatever the user chooses if they make an admin ID, for instance: you can use "Bob", because the admin ID should not be called admin.

I hope this information help you, but if not don't hesitate to let me know and I will provide you the best answer to you .
Kind Regards,

Sussan Zamora
HPOO

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Great. Thank you for the confirmation that there is no default admin user in HP OO 10.10.

I would recommend some updates to the Central User Guide, page 85 under Enabling  Authentication section.

The text "The Enable Authentication check box is only available if there are existing internal or LDAP users with permission to disable the authentication in the future." is not accurate, since this check box is available by default up on install without any users existing, and also clarify that there is no default admin user, and you would need to create a user with administrator role first before being able to enable this check box, since it asks for an admininistrator login when enabling it.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Parkl,

Thanks for your quick response.

You're welcome! and thanks for your suggestion. I am going to consult it with my OO Team about this and we will consider it for future HPOO releases.

Thanks again & greetings

Sussan Zamora

HPOO

“Regards,
Sussan Zamora
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.