Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

What should I use for a value when I want to only a white space

Jump to solution

I need a value that is only a white space, I can assign " " to a value in flow A, but when the flow A becomes sub-flow of B, the value becomes NULL. Is there any special symbol to replace white space?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Olman_Q_OO Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: What should I use for a value when I want to only a white space

Jump to solution

Thank you for contacting Microfocus Forum.

My name is Olman, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question,  Did you try to use the space in code?,  like %20, I recommend this due to OO will take this and reflect the space

https://www.w3schools.com/TagS/ref_urlencode.asp

I hope this inforamtion can help

Olman Guzman Quesada
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for contacting Microfocus Forum.

My name is Olman, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question,  Did you try to use the space in code?,  like %20, I recommend this due to OO will take this and reflect the space

https://www.w3schools.com/TagS/ref_urlencode.asp

I hope this inforamtion can help

Olman Guzman Quesada

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This looks quite similar to the other post "About constant value with character ENTER and SPACE", in addition to details from Andrei Truta and how show/hide whitespace characters in Studio debugger; don't forget the input "trimSpaces" in operation [Base]/Library/Utility Operations/Flow Variable Manipulation/Check Null

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please let me know, if the information provided was useful, i f yes please confim and responde as a accepted.

Thanks

Olman Guzman Quesada

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.