Established Member.. cl20
Established Member..

Windows License activation

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I'm searching for a flow regarding to check if the windows server activated (from license point) and if not how to activating via MAK or KMS function provided by Microsoft. Are there already flows available?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member..

Re: Windows License activation

Jump to solution

Hi all,

found for me a simple solution:

There is a Command Line flow under Base\Library\Operating Systems\Cross Platform. Here I enter the command "SLMGR /dli". This command read the current license settings. For the SLMGR there are different parameter available, but the DLI is engouh for me.

Hope this helps also other.

0 Likes
4 Replies
GalM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello, 

As far as I know, there are not such operations. However, you could create a PowerShell operation for that purpose. 

Here is an example of Powershell script: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/5675.determine-windows-activation-status-with-powershell.aspx

Hope it helps, 

Gal

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Gal,

thanks for your feedback. The Link you added are a solution to use later, after the OS Installation of the Server OS are done. But currently I'm searching how to check which License Type (KMS, MAK etc.) are used or not. There is the MS tool SLMGR with some parameter, which show you the license type. I've wrote a bat.file and it works as expected. But how could I trigger the bat.file within OO?

regards

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi all,

found for me a simple solution:

There is a Command Line flow under Base\Library\Operating Systems\Cross Platform. Here I enter the command "SLMGR /dli". This command read the current license settings. For the SLMGR there are different parameter available, but the DLI is engouh for me.

Hope this helps also other.

0 Likes
Gal_
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm glad it all worked out. 

Thank you for sharing with the community. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.