Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Windows Remote Command Execution

I'm trying to resolve an issue causing a high failure rate in many of my flows that work aginst Windows servers of all flavors. Basically I'm using Remote Command Execution (632830d9-d5be-47b3-9768-efa99decb443) v43 8/24/15 OO version 9.07. Typically I attempt a connection to run a simple command like "dir" to be sure that I have access to the host and then I followup with the other commands required for the automation. What I am finding is that the first command works but then the next command, maybe 1 to 5 seconds later generates the RPC error (The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA). Is this an issue with the operation or the server configuration? What is goign on here and how do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Re: Windows Remote Command Execution

What content pack do you have deployed?
What version Windows are they running against?
We are running 9.07 CP10 and have no issue with Remote Command against windows boxes.In fact we run multiple (up to 6-7) commands in a row no issue.

Have you thought of deploying a RAS to the windows servers, that way using the OverRide RAS everything becomes a RAS command. We have found switching to RAS made significant gains in processing times.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. JamesLindsay Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Is there some way to know the content pack? I'm hitting all flavors of Windows server from 2000 to 2012 R2. In tis case, the Central and the RAS are on the same host. Will that work the same?

0 Likes
Established Member.. TerrySummers
Established Member..

Hi James,
I can't think of a way to tell what CP is deployed myself.

By default when you install central it installs a RAS and everything goes through that.
In our situation we installed a RAS on a remote server and added in it /Configuration/Remote Action Services i studio. (There will be the default one there already)

From that point we could use the default RAS to run remote commands, or we could override the RAS to point it to a specific remote RAS and the commands run via that.
We found it a lot more stable and faster.

But as I said before we also do multiple remote commands mostly on Win 2008 R2 boxes without any issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.