Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Windows Server command - Access Denied

Hi,

I have an OO flow that im trying to use to run some Windows commands on some servers (Windows 2012 r2) that are in a work group.

When the flow runs I get access denied at the Windows command step

The accounts being used are local admin

I am specifying the username as i.p/username. I also tried it just as the username

Username and password have been verified and can log into the servers manually

We have checked the FW and traffic is going through. TLS version on the servers is 2012

When checking the Windows logs on the remote machines there is nothing for the RAS servers

Any ideas/suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Windows Server command - Access Denied

Do you see any errors in the security event log? 

try \username with nothing in front of the backslash
or .\username with a period in front of the backslash

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Nothing reported in the security logs

Tried both suggestions still access denied

Our network guy used Wireshark and found

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

take a look at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/9cf68301-3553-4368-8e5e-764b471b96fa/access-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity

also, remove oo from the equation but continue to use RPC/IPC$ 

from your RAS try 

RpcPing.exe -s ${targetServer}

Then try from PowerShell a get-wmi

you can find an example here - anything you want that will test from your RAS to the target from cli
https://www.powershelladmin.com/wiki/Find_last_boot_up_time_of_remote_Windows_computers_using_WMI

Once you get this working the RAS should work - if this works but the RAS doesn't let us know. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.