Absent Member.. DeakinP Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Write to Excel Sheet

Ive been playing with HPOO and usually save output in .csv formats to then pull the data into reports.

Is it possible to write to file and specify a sheet? or something using the Excel procedure?

Im running HPOO 9.0 with no updates

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. AlexGg Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Write to Excel Sheet

Look in lib under Operations>File System>Windows Only>Excel
There are something for you
0 Likes
Absent Member.. ntt00015 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Yes it is possible to write into excel sheets. You can use Excel operations.

PS: But HPOO 9.0 uses POI 3.6 and it has some bugs. Its better you apply OO patches at least up to 9.03 version. 

0 Likes
g-mitchell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Am I missing something ? The request is to WRITE into XL sheets. 

The only operations I can find are to read FROM XL sheets 

Is (where) there the fucntin to write ? 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

What is the version of your OO ? 

Read from Excel and Write to Excel are different operations.

Check the operations under the "/Library/Operations/File System/Windows Only/Excel/" ( especially Add Excel Data, Get Excel Data, Modify Cell operations )

Regards.

0 Likes
g-mitchell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think we are clear there IS a read from XL file. 

The question remains, is there a write to XL file ? 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Is there any misunderstood?
If you want to write a data into XLS file, you can use "Add Excel Data" operation. I applied this operation in my flows and I can write data successfully into the excel file.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

If you still using HPOO 9.0 with no updates, its better you apply patches. With the patches you can be able to see the new operations.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.