UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commander Commander
Commander

autopass license server mandantory even in small environments ?

At the moment I update to Operations Orchestration 2021.2 do I really HAVE to install a autopass License server ? Even in small environments (only 1 productive OO Server installed which contains 1 Central and 1 RAS services) ? We will not use any dynamic balancing of licenses and stuff like this, provided by autopass.

This seems to me like using a huge sledgehammer to crack a little nut !
This is a waste of ressources!

Hopefully I missunderstand something   😉

thanks
Holger

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi hbit,

Yes, that is new in OO2021.02. OO require APLS connection. Exception is trial. You may find more details here:

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Operations_Orchestration:2021.02/SetupOOLicense

Commander Commander
Commander

Hi Tatyana
thanks a lot for your quick answer.
So, I am sure what to do.
🙂

Hi Holger, to add to Tatyana's response.

Yes, as of 2021.02 OO & RPA are now aligned to the APLS (AutoPass Server) model. This will help everyone align on a common licensing solution and provide an easier way to try out or transition to other licensing models (eg: the new concurred licensing model for OO).

On your example, If you wish to install a fairly isolated OO instance you can also install a dedicated AutoPass server on the same machine as it should have a small footprint.

HTH,
Adi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.