Frequent Contributor.. sagar-naik Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

calculate infrastructure load by a flow

Jump to solution

Is there any way , I can calculate maximum how many runs a HPOO flow can take ? I understand , the practical way is to run teh flow and then monitor the performamnce of the system . I Wanted to check ,if anyone know any smarter option .?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: calculate infrastructure load by a flow

Jump to solution

As Andrei referenced, there are some benchmarks available, but they'll be a guide, at best.

If you're truly interested in doing this, then the best guide is going to be benchmarking your own flows. There's nothing magical about benchmarking: looking at your flow run output, maybe massaging it a little for a histogram of flow runs and concurrent flows running, and then do the typical double/triple/quadruple/wait until something breaks of flow executions.

It's tricky to benchmark because while the platform is common to us all, what we do with it is very different and very dependent on what logic you're embedding into your flow and what things you are doing.

What I will tell you is: you can run more than you expect, and tuning up to run more is basically linear - more memory, more threads, more flows (until you can't 🙂

--Chris

2 Replies
AndreiTruta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I don't think there is an easy way apart from what you mentioned. It is very much linked if you end up running other flows in the same time or not and kind of more linked to steps being run at a certain point that an actual run.

are you familiar with the benchmark and the type of tests done there thus the numbers (throughput) based on central configured with 4GB memory and extra thread limit and buffer size? - if not the information presented there might provide valuable details.

Andrei Vasile Truta
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

As Andrei referenced, there are some benchmarks available, but they'll be a guide, at best.

If you're truly interested in doing this, then the best guide is going to be benchmarking your own flows. There's nothing magical about benchmarking: looking at your flow run output, maybe massaging it a little for a histogram of flow runs and concurrent flows running, and then do the typical double/triple/quadruple/wait until something breaks of flow executions.

It's tricky to benchmark because while the platform is common to us all, what we do with it is very different and very dependent on what logic you're embedding into your flow and what things you are doing.

What I will tell you is: you can run more than you expect, and tuning up to run more is basically linear - more memory, more threads, more flows (until you can't 🙂

--Chris

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.