acoreq Absent Member.
Absent Member.

can HPOO simulate a web login action and test the result?

we have a web page with login function by SQL backend. can HPOO to test it's success of login action or not?

if yes, which action to use? we had some problem by using HTTP Client actions... not sure if this is the right step to put into the flow...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Dongxian Yao Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: can HPOO simulate a web login action and test the result?

Does "Http Client Detailed Return" work for you?
0 Likes
acoreq Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, i have not tested this step. all i use is the GET and POST. but it seems the web page has to define 2 different URLs either for successful login and/or failure login. then OO can decide whether the login is successful or not. but if the web is designed that URL will not be changed after successful/failed login, then i'm out...

what kind of "detailed" information can "HTTP Client Detailed Return" provide? do you have any example of how it works? thanks!
0 Likes
OrcunT Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think you can work with SQL backend login log with OO.You trace log and find succuses login and fail then do action with oo. try to use best logical way.
0 Likes
acoreq Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks. can you specify in more details? i'm not familiar with SQL.
from OO Library, i see some SQL steps but don't know how to use it to get to my goal...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.