mikestevenson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

changing timeout for HP OO operations

One of our flows runs a command on a unix server that takes some time to complete. Generally only a minute or so, but sometimes it may take two or three. It is important that this command be finished before moving forward in the work flow.

I read in the author's guide that you can add an input to an ssh operation called op-timeout that will allow you to specify the timeout length in ms, but I have not been able to get this to work. I created a small flow that will connect to one of our servers and run date;sleep 180;date with an op-timeout value of 200000. I expect to get two date strings three minutes apart after three minutes, but I am only getting the first one after two minutes. This would imply that the new timeout value is not being applied. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
mikestevenson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: changing timeout for HP OO operations

I have found the problem! The manual says to use an input named op-timeout, but you actually need to use op_timeout. I hope this typo will be fixed in future versions.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.