Super Contributor.. Giulio Soleni Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

getting started with imported VMWare vimService

Howdy,

I would like to use some VMWare web service commands to perform some operations that are not available within the out-of-the-box OO library in VMWare Integration.

I already imported the full list of SDK web services from a local Vcenter using the wswizard.exe and connecting to
https://myvcenter.mydomain/sdk/vimService.wsdl

However I have no clue about I could I use them within a workflow.

I definetly would like to configure some custom fields for some virtual machines and so I think I would need to use the following commands:
AddCustomFieldDef
SetField
setCustomValue
RemoveCustomFieldDef

however I do not know how to get started and set the _this and type parameters for the required calls (guess I need to get a VimPort object for access to the vSphere services but I do not know how to do from within OO)

I am using HP Operations Orchestartions ver 9.07.0008

May you please help?

Thank you
Giulio

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Andrey_C_OO
New Member.

Re: getting started with imported VMWare vimService

Hello Giulio,

On regards to your question, if the operations you need to perform are not within the OOTB OO Library, my advise to you is to open a support case and ask for an Enhancement Request so that such operations can be added.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you,

Andrey Corrales

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.