Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

how to halt all flows after a system hang

Jump to solution

is there a way to halt all flows at one click, after the system is recovered ? I had an issue with the system,  I was able to fix it, but after the system was back online again,  I was wondering about poor performance. I could see, that all flows that were not run from the point in time where the system "hangs" until the system was up and running again, all these flows were fired at the same time.

I am looking for a way to avoid this. There are so many flows that are doing the same , with the same ressouces, and so it does not make any sense to start just some hundreds of flows that are literally doing the same- one is enough.

I saw on other systems something they called "fencing". Easiest way is, when you have a planned downtime you fence the flows, and after the system downtime you are able to select one of these jobs to be run  - and forget the other ones.

Maybe a more complex way is, when the system hungs and on the next day you recocnise it. So there should be a possibility to stop all jobs, clean up the system and select and start only necessary jobs This time you are in control how the system is doing it.

Maybe there is already something, I do not konw about.

😉

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: how to halt all flows after a system hang

Jump to solution

There is not an in-built method for this but its a great idea for maintenance or system recovery. There is an "Idea Exchange" for OO - if you post there the community can vote on it and MicroFocus can advise if its added to the road map. 

In the interim, you can develop extended logic to implement a form of blocking for execution within the flows and administratively use a few SQL commands to clear all running jobs for a pre central start-up operational activity. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

There is not an in-built method for this but its a great idea for maintenance or system recovery. There is an "Idea Exchange" for OO - if you post there the community can vote on it and MicroFocus can advise if its added to the road map. 

In the interim, you can develop extended logic to implement a form of blocking for execution within the flows and administratively use a few SQL commands to clear all running jobs for a pre central start-up operational activity. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks JarodMB,
I moved it over.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.