mtlozl Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

how to take action for each result

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have a powershell script and return A  or B or C or D value.

I want to take action for returning values with 4 different powershell steps. but current powershell step only have "success" and "failure" response. i need to add 4 different response type but i couldn't add it.. ( add button is inactive )

Could you please find below picture for what i want it;

2018-10-19 20_43_15-Start.png

How can i find the correct solution ? help me please.

Best Regards, 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: how to take action for each result

Jump to solution
Hi,

You can copy the Power Shell operation into your project. Then you'll be able to customize the responses (Eg by implementing a switch/case in a Javascript scriptlet) Then use the customized copy.

Hope it helps,
Lucian
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi,

You can copy the Power Shell operation into your project. Then you'll be able to customize the responses (Eg by implementing a switch/case in a Javascript scriptlet) Then use the customized copy.

Hope it helps,
Lucian
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response; if we upgrade the content packs or upgrade the system, do you know how to effect it to customized and copied object.

Do we have another option for without copying the object... for example;  Instead of customize the powershell object, if it has  standart scriptlet object i think, i will transfer value from my powershell object to javascript etc. object.. and i can customize safely.

Many thanks

2018-10-19 20_43_16-Start.png

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution
I just use the operations under utility ops/math and comparison and line them up as if case statements
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Copying the  operation will create what is called a soft copy. This means that every time the operation itself is updated as part of a content pack upgrade, the copy will also be upgraded, however none of your changes will dissapear.

Regards,

Vlad

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello VladM,

Thank you for your support, this is a good information for us.

Many Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.