subrat.sahu Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

hpoo operation to get number of days between two date

Is there any hpoo operation to get number of days between two date.

e.g.

date-1: 01-01-2016

date-2: 15-01-2016

operation to get number of days between above two dates?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Andrey_C_OO
New Member.

Re: hpoo operation to get number of days between two date

Hello Subrat,

Thank you for contacting HPE Forum. 

My name is Andrey, I am from the OO/CSA team. 

Regarding your question, I was looking for an opearation that does what you are looking for, and I just could find two operations that may help you but they are not the same, please see them below:

1.Date and Time Comparator: Compares two dates. If the locale is not specified, the inputs must be in the format of date/time format of OO Central Server's, which is dependent of Java Locale. You can use flow " Get Current Date and Time" to check upon the default date/time format. If locale is specified, the inputs must be in the format of the locale. If locale is not specified, then default locale will be used. In order to compare UNIX timestamps use 'unix' for localeLang input.

Responses:
before - If date1 is before date2.
equal - If date1 is < date2 + threshold and date1 > date2-threshold.
after - If date1 is after date2.

2.File Date Check: Reads a date/time from the specified file, then replaces it with the specified date/time. Finally compares the date/time read, and the date/time written. If locale is specified, the inputs must be in the format of the locale. Otherwise date format should be in default locale. Both input dateTime and the dataTime read from file should be in the same format.

Responses:
before - If dateTime occurred before the date in the file.
equal - If dateTime is within ${threshold} milliseconds of the date in file.
after - If dateTime is after the date in the file.
failure - If the operation fails.

More than these operations, there is no operation to count the days between two dates in OO yet.

hope this information helps you.

Best Regards,

Andrey Corrales Torres | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Operations Orchestration

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.