Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

obfuscate password in OOSH

Under RSFlowInvoke.exe/JRSFlowInvoke.jar, you can create an obfuscated password to protect the credentials that are used to authenticate to Central.

Is this functionality that is hidden somewhere in oosh that I can't find the reference to?

--Chris

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: obfuscate password in OOSH

Hi, 

if we are talking OOSH standalone there isn't any such feature, however for most oosh commands that require passwords omitting the -password parameter will prompt you for the password and have it be hidden (similar to windows/linux command shell password prompts). In the case of OOSH in central /RAS in the same directory as OOSH there is a batch file encrypt-password (with versions for both windows and linux)  that with the -e modifier encrypts strings and with the -o modifier obfuscates them. 

Hope this helps,

Vlad

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. csaunderson Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: obfuscate password in OOSH

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the reply!  I found this thread : https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration/OOSH-using-encrypted-password/m-p/797462#M282  that seemed to indicate that it won't work.

I tried both obfuscated and encrypted passwords via encrypt-passwords.bat, and both still return 401 errors. 

My use case is that I have a external flow run that I want to enable using OOSH, but I don't want the calling user to have the actual password for the account that is used to run the flow.

Thanks!

--Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.