Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

operations doesn't work after deploying the flow on prod

the scenario as follow,

1. our flow contain ras  where we run some operations there

2. we tested the flow on studio by connection it to central (remote debug) and worked well.

3. but we upload the flow as content pack to the web and start scheduler, ras operation passed but the flow remain stuck at the next operation whatever it's with no clue what if there is any issue or not.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

not sure which OO Version you use. we had similar issues in the past when Operations (JARs) had to be updated on the RAS (so new own actions or Base Contentpack actions where the java code was changed)

we had to clean the cache on the RAS.

so first try to just restart RAS if this doesnt help

backup ras/var/cache , then delete it and start ras

but this is just one issue we came accross without Logs and detailed error messages its just guessing

0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander

thanks a lot for your swift response.

actually we restarted it many times but the same.

the strange point here is that the same flow works well in studio but as soon as you deployed it. it doesnot work well.

is the difference in versions between windows ras and central may cause this issue?

oo version:07.2019

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Did you tried to delete the cache on the RAS?

There could be many more things that cause the issue.

Are you debugging locally in studio or do you do remote debug on the same OO Central

OO Central and OO RAS should be at same OO version. I never run RAS at different Version then OO.

OS usually doesn't make a difference.

You should provide more info. E.g. Screenshot how it looks like..... is it just stalled... maybe what your flow is exactly doing.... What action it executes etc..... so far its digging in the dark

Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander

i will tell you the issue in more details so you can help me.

we created flow and run it correctly on studio using local and remote debugger 

but once we come to upload this content pack on central and set the schedule. what happens here is that it starts to connect to ras qatar and stop doing nothing as per the attached screen which is not the same case in the 2ns attached shotscreen on debug mode.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

What does it mean that it connects to RAS Qatar? What are those 2 first steps called "Qatar" actually doing in your case?

I see that the second step takes about ~11 hours to complete. When you start the flow in Central only, do you spot anything on any of the RASes logs you have, including the Central logs?

Analyzing the Worker Topology and the Group Aliases in the Configuration Items might make sense going forward too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for your swift response.

1. actually it's my bed when I named 2 operations with the same name but they act differently.

2. let me tell you something before digging deep in the issue

During installation ras qatar we put this line in the wrapper conf file 
wrapper.java.additional.4=-Dmgmt.url=https://central 1:8443/oo
then now we changed it to be
wrapper.java.additional.4=-Dmgmt.url=https://vip(load balancer for central 1 and central 2):8443/o

when I opened execution logs underneath ras Qatar, I found some lines which can help us in resolving the issue,

1. Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Host name 'vip' does not match the certificate subject provided by the peer (CN=central 1)
2. 2020-11-11 17:24:50,916 [scoreWorkerScheduler-3] (TaskUtils.java:95) ERROR - Unexpected error occurred in scheduled task.
org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access HTTP invoker remote service at [https:vip:8443/oo/central-remote

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.