Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

powercli mount name already in use

We've upgraded our vCenters to 6.5 which now requires us to upgrade powercli as the old 6.3 version is no longer supported and can't work with the newer vm hardware versions(version 13).

So we are using v11 of powercli and it no longer supports using the add-snapin method which is fine. But we've run into an issue using the import-module command with it.

From what I've read it 'seems' like OO is using a single appdomain for a flow run so on the first powershell operation thats run its fine but any subsequent ones error out with

import-module : The specified mount name 'vis' is already in use.

Running get-psdrive I can see that the mount is already in use. I played around a bit and found that I could remove the mounts at the end of a powershell script but that seems a little excessive.

Any other ideas on how we could go about this?

to reproduce

using the powershell operation, import the powercli module 'vmware.vimautomation.core', do something then in a subsequent operation within the flow do the same thing and it will error out during the import module command.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: powercli mount name already in use

Hello, 

I do not have any other idea about how to do it. I think the workaround you are using is pretty good. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.