Honored Contributor.. RiverRat_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

"RAS Command" Deprecated in Base CP ... is there a replacement for it ?

Jump to solution

Subject asks question.

Thanks !!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor..

Re: "RAS Command" Deprecated in Base CP ... is there a replacement for it ?

Jump to solution

Two issues hit.  Quoting on Windows and passing in a password string to curl where the password contained an & symbol.  Windows didn't like that & symbol and fancy quoting attempts just made it worse.

Micro Focus, please don't get rid of "RAS Command".  It was a simple cousin to Server Automation ROSH.  Very useful in some situations where you don't really want to create yet-another firewall rule and yet-another service account for OO to run a command on a RAS server via "Remote Command".

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello RiverRat_1

Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Forum.

My name is Carlos, I am from the OO/CSA team.

Regarding your question, even the operation has been deprecated, it can still be used. Alternatively, you can use the Remote Command operation to execute your commands on the RAS server.

I hope this information finds you well. 

Carlos Rojas
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

The issue with the Remote Command step is it's not using the exisiting Central<->RAS channel like the RAS Command step does.

I have to specific a protocol to execute the whatever I need to run.  Since this is Windows, the protocol would be WMI and I'm not so confident my customer is going to allow that - yet another firewall port and yet another service account with perms they won't want to allow (heavy compliance issues here).

The RAS Command works but I've hit a situation with curl where running it at the command line it work but using the RAS Command step it gives a failure.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Two issues hit.  Quoting on Windows and passing in a password string to curl where the password contained an & symbol.  Windows didn't like that & symbol and fancy quoting attempts just made it worse.

Micro Focus, please don't get rid of "RAS Command".  It was a simple cousin to Server Automation ROSH.  Very useful in some situations where you don't really want to create yet-another firewall rule and yet-another service account for OO to run a command on a RAS server via "Remote Command".

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi RiverRat_1,

We are here to listen and serve our users. 

Have you submited any incident / change request on your issues below so we can have a look?

Thanks,

Lucian Revnic

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.