Absent Member.. bpscarbrough Absent Member..
Absent Member..

searching flows for system property

I need to search my flows for a specific system property.  The system property is referenced within scriptlet code in many flows.  Is there a way to do this that can find all occurrences?

I don't see any way to really do this.

Thanks.

Brian Scarbrough

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Steve_Drummond Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: searching flows for system property

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this. You can find it within the XML of a flow by looking through it in the Repository folder.

I have written a flow which scans all XML files in the repository and reports the usage of all System Properties (and filters, accounts, etc.) in pretty much every scenario (including within scriptlets). Unfortunately OO eventually crashes with a memory error trying to read through all the files, however you could modify it to target a few specific files.

I have now moved my attention to a standalone .NET application which is going to do the same thing, however it is not finished yet.

Let me know if you would like a copy of the flow as is (built in OO 7.51.03, I have not imported it into OO 9.x) or if you would like to know when the standalone app is finished.

Cheers

Steve

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.