James Brent Tea Contributor.
Contributor.

system account password encryption

Jump to solution

My audit team is asking how the system account passwords are encrypted and stored.  they may also worry on the one thing I found that said only the original studio instance that setup the account could retrieve the password.  Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Brent

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. JasonCantrell Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: system account password encryption

Jump to solution

Hello again James,

I had discussions with our internal groups and this type of information is not suited for the forums.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Because of the nature of this information, it is unavailable to the public.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Brent,

I have a question for you, by "system account password" do you mean the OO Studio interface, the account/password in a particular flow or operation?  Please provide more detail.

Thank you,

Jason

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
James Brent Tea Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I would like to find out how a password is stored in two places.

1.  If you craete a flow variable of type credential I think it is, and then store a password within it.

2.  If you store a username and password within an actual system account in teh config/system accounts section of studio.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello James,

This is the type of encryption.  As far as where they are stored, I am still researching.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM771702

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello again James,

I had discussions with our internal groups and this type of information is not suited for the forums.  I apologize for the inconvenience.  Because of the nature of this information, it is unavailable to the public.

Kind Regards,

Jason

HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member.. apresence Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

There is no answer on the link to the KM article, just the question...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.