upgrade HPOO 9.07 -> 10.50.
I would like to make upgrade HPOO 9.07 -> 10.50. I would like all the scheduled flows to be running on 9.07 environment during upgrade and make the upgrade without any impact to the client.
Is it possible to upgrade the platform without impact/downtime? Or should I use the instructions for new installation and then use content upgrade utility to upgrade flows from 9 to 10 and then import them to the new environment?
Thank you for your help.
Re: upgrade HPOO 9.07 -> 10.50.
I think an in place upgrade is impactful and would cause interuption to the workload. Especially if there is content that needs to be fixed before it will run properly.
Some advantages of a new 10.x install are:
- You are starting from a clean slate
- You can migrate only the content you need and leave older, unused stuff behind
- You can schedule a cutover to the new environment AND/OR
- You can perform a phased cutover to the new environment over time
- More effort to setup a brand new environment
- Potential issues with firewalls or other network connectivity