Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. RS5 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

vCenter Content Library handle in OO

Hi,

We have OO central installed on the Linux machine and Studio installed on Windows.

We are writing flow to create VM in vCenter.

I could see that VM templates are placed in Content Libraries.

We are using the 'Deploy VM from Template' operation from Virtualization [1.18.0] content pack.

but my flow is failing because it cannot find a template under the provided DC.

Error: VM specified as "NAME:WIN2K12R2DC_SQL2016ENT_SP2: DC" Not found.

I cannot find any reference to handle the content libraries in OO.

Does anybody have any workaround for it?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: vCenter Content Library handle in OO

In my past expericence, I can always use PowerCLI as a workaround for the vCenter operations. With some overhead: You have to install the PowerCLI binaries on the Central/RAS you used to connect the vCenter.

But from the descrtitpion I think your issue should be resolvable by tuning the flow input parameters.

It looks like the error was from the vCenter, and you are not passing the correct parameters.

Regards,

Robin

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Robin,

the flow parameter is correct.

We have two datacentre in one vCenter.

but vmTemplate are placed into content libraries and not into DC, therefore flow can not find the mentioned template. that is the reason it is giving "VM specified as "NAME:WIN2K12R2DC_SQL2016ENT_SP2: HYD DC" Not found."

is there a way, where we can use flow to take reference of template from content library and provision VM in the given DC.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, RS

I took a look at my virtulization content pack (1.8.0), it is not the same version as yours, but if it did not change so much, the "Deploy VM from Template" is a flow instead of an operation.

Basically you can check what the flow does, where did it fail in your run, and create your own versions if it does not suit your requirement.

Regards,

Robin

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Robin,

The flow looks ok, but the issue is with the location of VM templates, which is placed under the content libraries of vCenter 6.7.

wherein "Deploy VM from Template" operation search for template under the given datacenter name, since the template not under the datacenter it is not able to find it, which is causing this issue.

I discussed with the Microfocus support also, according to them, the content libraries concept is yet not supported under the Virtualization CP released last. 

I wanted to understand if anybody has already handled such work with VMware API or powerCLI.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.