Respected Contributor.. Devildiablo Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

vb scripts question

Hi All,

I am trying to run a vb script on a remote server but im having problems. I class myself as an amateur with OO so please be kind if im missing something obvious.

I have had a look at some of the answers already provided on here relating to vb scripts but non seem to solve my problem.

The RAS is Windows trying to run the vb script on a Windows box.

Ive tried using "Remote Command" and "Windows Command"

Remote command using WMI protocol and command cscript E:\Test\vbtest.vbs gives the following error

Result=For input string: "" May be caused by using a non-windows RAS;}

Windows command using cscript E:\Test\vbtest.vbs gives the following error

{exception=System.Exception: Could not read/parse the process return code. Please verify that the user has the proper access to run remote commands.

The account being used has admin rights on the box.

Im probably missing something really stupid here but any ideas anybody?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. JarodMB Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: vb scripts question

Tell us about your environment... When you goto System Configuration -> Topology what kind of RASes (OS) are assigned the "RAS_Operator_Path" group

From the error you showed - it sounds as if it may be a Linux RAS... in order to execute .net actions you'll need a RAS installed on a Windows host (.net actions do not execute from a Linux RAS).

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

The OS is Windows Server 2012 R2

OO version is 10.80

0 Likes

using remote command execution try something simpler on the target like a dir as the remote command - does it execute successfully? 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Hi Jarod, Thanks for replying

That was one of the first things i tried which does work.

I cant understand why this is not working

0 Likes

look @ C:\Windows\Temp on the target for a batch file with the name of the flow uuid being executed. 
execute this manually in a command prompt and look at the output files generated ({flowuuid}ret.tmp and {flowuuid}err.tmp in the same dir)

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

So checked C:\Windows\Temp on the target machine and there are no batch files matching the uuid of the flow i'm running

0 Likes

append to your call an 
&& waitfor 9000
start the flow and then goto that dir - you should see the batch in there while its executing - make a copy of it before the flow finishes 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.