Respected Contributor.. relent0r Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

vmware advanced search to get folder path

Has anyone tried using this to get a full folder path for a vm?

i.e My input is a folder mor and I want to get the full path to pass to a vm operation. 

Right now I'm using a powercli operation which can be a little slow. But when I've tried to use the advanced search it returns child folders. 

e.g propsType - Folder

propsPathset - name,parent

propsRootObjType - Folder

propsRootObj - group-v12345

So it will return the folder name if no children are present but if children are present it will return all of them. It kinda makes sense based on the description on how the operation searches but I'm hoping I've made a mistake and theres an simple way to make it only return the name of the current folder and parent property.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.