sasekumar
New Member.

vmware operations( apply custom spec , set power state) failed with weird error

hey experts,

I'm provisioning vm builds using OO and therefore I'm using couple of virtualization operations like( Apply custom spec, set power state ) in the flows and just FYI, This are working without issue

From the past two days, This operation throwing me a weird error and basically I found out these operations are not able to search any object (like vm name .vmid in the inventory) . it ending with error " particular vmid or vmname not found)  when I dig deeper, it's throwing this error

exception=com.vmware.vim25.SystemError

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)

at com.vmware.vim25.ws.XmlGen.fromXml(XmlGen.java:205)

at com.vmware.vim25.ws.XmlGen.parseSoapFault(XmlGen.java:82)

at com.vmware.vim25.ws.WSClient.invoke(WSClient.java:134)

at com.vmware.vim25.ws.VimStub.xmlToCustomizationSpecItem(VimStub.java:362)

at com.vmware.vim25.mo.CustomizationSpecManager.xmlToCustomizationSpecItem(CustomizationSpecManager.java:106)

at com.hp.oo.content.wrappers.vijava.GuestOpsWrapper.applyCustomizationSpecToVM(GuestOpsWrapper.java:445)

at com.hp.oo.content.wrappers.vijava.GuestOpsWrapper.applyCustomizationSpecToVM(GuestOpsWrapper.java:40)

at com.opsware.content.actions.vmware.guest.ApplyCustomizationSpecToVM.execute(ApplyCustomizationSpecToVM.java:68)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at com.hp.oo.sdk.plugins.abstracts.BaseActionPlugin.execute(BaseActionPlugin.java:53)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.executePlugin(PluginAdapterImpl.java:328)

at com.hp.oo.maven.PluginAdapterImpl.execute(PluginAdapterImpl.java:248)

at com.hp.oo.execution.control.actions.contentexecution.ContentExecutionActions.executeContentAction(ContentExecutionActions.java:97)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor786.invoke(Unknown Source)

at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.reflection.ReflectionAdapterImpl.executeControlAction(ReflectionAdapterImpl.java:62)

at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeStep(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:326)

at io.cloudslang.worker.execution.services.ExecutionServiceImpl.execute(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:80)

at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.executeRegularStep(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:167)

at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.SimpleExecutionRunnable.run(SimpleExecutionRunnable.java:120)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at io.cloudslang.worker.management.services.WorkerThreadFactory$1.run(WorkerThreadFactory.java:33)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

), (SESSION_ON=true), (returnCode=-1)

Note - Eventhough the vm exists in vcenter , still this  kind oferrors 

If anyone has faced this error / has any idea. please suggest me the steps. 

Mail - sasekumar.m-b@hpe.com

Contact - +91 8123011734

0 Likes
2 Replies
Josue_G_OO Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: vmware operations( apply custom spec , set power state) failed with weird er

Hi,

Are you able to replicate this issue on demand or is failing randomly ?   -  You mentioned was working before which brings me to the question if something was changed on your environment ?

Do you face same issue using a different vm identifier ?

Regards,

Josue Gómez
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
EASJosh Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: vmware operations( apply custom spec , set power state) failed with weird er

Hi,

Do these tasks get created in vCenter, or do they not even reach this far?

Cheers,
Josh

--------------------------------------
If my post helped you, please click the 'Kudos' button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.