Absent Member.. talwarri Absent Member..
Absent Member..

web based workflow

Hi All,

I have to create a web based workflow in OO. We have a team quest database where we need to configure a server and then verify it if it has been added. First we will login with credentials, then I have to select some settings, then enter hostnamethen click Add. Then need to go on some other settings to verify that the server has been added.

Please let me know what operation etc should i select to create this workflow in OO.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: web based workflow

Hi,

I didn't see a feature in HP OO that capture user scenario but as high level, you can use HP VuGen to record script to capture the steps you have mentioned and then you can use command line to reply this script.
I'd not applied this before but I didn't completely tested the scenario.
Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
https://www.itmthoughts.com
New version of Mahmoudthoughts witten by other IT experts
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • 0 Likes
    Absent Member.. sac3212988 Absent Member..
    Absent Member..

Thanks for the response Ibrahim.

I used firebug but that too gives the output code but not the source code. Let me see. I tried using different operations in OO but nothing seems to be working.

0 Likes
    Absent Member.. talwarri Absent Member..
    Absent Member..

Hi Ibrahim,

Using HP Vugen, can u help and tell me how can i provide input using command line.

0 Likes
    Absent Member.. Grapestain Absent Member..
    Absent Member..

Web Based Operation in Operations Orchestration using VuGen (Windows)

Hey!

Here's how to create a Web Based Operation in Operations Orchestration using VuGen (in Windows environment):

1. Create the VuGen Script to automate the steps on the Web UI.
    2. Export the script to a folder on the host where VuGen is installed.
    3. Use Operations/Remote Command Execution/Remote Command operation in your OO flow with the following parameters:
    • host : Value: <VuGen host IP/name>
    • username : Value: <username on VuGen host> (use domain\user format for domain user)
    • password : Value: <password for user on VuGen host>
    • protocol : Value: WMI
    • command : Value: "<Local path to Virtual User Generator on VuGen host>\bin\mdrv.exe" -usr "<Local path to VuGen script file (*.usr) on VuGen host>\<scriptname>.usr" -vugen_win 0

For example my command argument looks like this:

"D:\Virtual User Generator\bin\mdrv.exe" -usr "D:\Operations Orchestration\Automation\Daily TapO MnC Rep - W HpH\Daily TapO MnC Rep - W HpH.usr" -vugen_win 0

• arguments : Value:

My experience is that using the arguments parameter for the arguments is faulty, but including all arguments in the command parameter and leaving arguments emptyworks fine.

The rest of the parameters can be set to fixed value and left empty.

0 Likes
    The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.