Dithya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Name did not resolve to an object

I am new to orbix, and got this error while trying to register a service "ProfilerServer" onto naming server on a Solaris machine,  how can I fix this.. 

Error: the name "ProfilerServer" did not resolve to an object” .. please help.

Also I did try to get the names browser running to see if the above has dependency and to check hierarchy.. but got this below exception... any help on this will also be helpful.

./namesbrowser.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.<clinit>(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:59)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
        at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:58)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:186)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:315)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:294)
        at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:172)
        at com.iona.guitools.names_browser.NamesBrowserEntryFrame.<init>(NamesBrowserEntryFrame.java:54)
        at com.iona.guitools.names_browser.NamesBrowser.main(NamesBrowser.java:54)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Name did not resolve to an object

Hello Dithya,

You will need to make sure if 'ProfileServer' object has been registered in the Naming Service first before resolving it in the client. Refer our banksimple example on how server registers the reference in the Naming Service and how client resolves it.

For the X11 error, you can google on to find out how to solve it. You have to configure X11 server to display the GUI.
www.google.com/search

Regards,
Karthi.
0 Likes
Highlighted
RolandS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dithya,

You can also find the Orbix 3.3 documentation below:
www.microfocus.com/.../

Please see the "OrbixNames 3.3 SP14 Programmer's and Administrator's Guide" if you want to familiarize yourself with the concepts of the CORBA Naming Service, and OrbixNames in particular.

Regards,
Roland
0 Likes
Dithya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Karthi!
I got this while rebuilding an already developed app.
I am checking for registering part of code, Thanks for this help.
0 Likes
Dithya Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Roland for this link, I will study this.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.