SendilNatarajan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Segmentation fault in _event_sleep

I'm currently using Orbix version v3.3.10. The Orbix server at some times stops listening to the Corba client request with core dump showing a segmentation fault in _event_sleep method? Is there are issuestest in the above said Orbix version? is it fixed in any of the later versions?

Segmentation fault in _event_sleep at 0xd05185c4
0xd05185c4 (_event_sleep+0x584) 80410014
_event_sleep(??, ?/, ??, ??, ??) at 0xd05185c4
_event_wait(??, ??) at 0xd0519064
_cond_wait_local(??,??,?/0
pthread_cond_wait(??,??0
0xd6b75758  IT_Condition_i::wait(IT_Mutex&,IT_ExceptionHandler&)(..)
0xd6b75678  IT_Condition::wait(IT_Mutex&,IT_ExceptionHandler&)(..)
0xd6b4d8a4  IT_NetworkThreads::follower_wait()(.)
0xd6b4ea34  IT_NetworkThreads::run(unsigned long,bool)(...)
0xd6b531c4  IT_NetworkThreads::run()()
0xd6ad723c  lsf_call_thread_body(void*)(...)

Please see the attachement for error stack (Orbix_Error2.gif)

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Segmentation fault in _event_sleep

What platform are you running on and what is the C++ runtime? I suspect this is due to Orbix 3.3.10 running on an unsupported platform or compiler as I would not expect any problems in a pthread_cond_wait(). This is very basic low level idle waits.

Note that the latest version of Orbix 3.3 is 3.3.13. If you are supported I would strongly recommend upgrading to that version. It is fully binary compatible and all you need to do is drop in the libraries. No recompilation is necessary.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.