New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Setting fixed port for Orbix Naming service

We are  using Orbix Iona 6.3 server configured using itconfigure. Recently we migrated our clients to different eviornments where we have many firewall constraints due to which only a few set of ports are open.

So the problem is that the Naming Service  listens on a random port each time it is started. Is there any way to use fixed ports for naming service.

orbix_ns_on_fixed_port 
0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Martin

I got below error while removing scope.

itadmin variable modify -type string -value "53000:53100" policies:iiop:server_address_mode_policy:port_range

Error - ConfigException (IDL:iona.com/IT_ConfigPDK/ConfigException:1.0) .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Can you try itadmin variable create? It probably doesn't exist already

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Martin,

I created the variable...one of my client is working perfectly...Other one is giving below error.

May 11, 2015 9:47:05 AM com.sun.corba.se.impl.orb.ORBImpl finishedDispatch

WARNING: "IOP00710261: (INTERNAL) Number of invocations is already zero, but another invocation has completed"

Do you know why this error....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Anup,

I've been out of the office for the last few days, so I'm only getting a chance to reply to this now. You are picking up the ORB that ships with the JDK here. You need to set the ORBSingleton and ORBClass properties to pick up Orbix:

java -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.iona.corba.art.artimpl.ORBImpl -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.iona.corba.art.artimpl.ORBSingleton .....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Martin

Thanks a million....My issue got resolved....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.