Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: failed during CreateProcess function call with error 183

Hi Pat,

Can you modify -directory to another working directory as a test and then send on the output of itadmin process show DS_GMOD6SUM again?
I assume this was something that used to work in the past or is this a new installation on this machine? I also assume you are using the workaround of starting the process manually until you can resolve the automatic activation error?

Out of interest can you try and register a process for the simple persistent demo with the same user and working directory just to see if that works fine?

- Martin
0 Likes
PatFahy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Folks,
Thanks for your help and apologies for going quiet - I was inundated with people trying to help from all angles. In the end the root of the problem seemed to be associated with the recent installation of MKS on the server and the fact that 8.3 filename generation is turned off.

If you look at my post of the process show output (on 21 Sep 2017 10:20 )you will notice this:
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
NUTCROOT=C:\PROGRA~2\MKS
Toolkit
ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle11
The second line should be
NUTCROOT=C:\PROGRA~2\MKS Toolkit

So in the FAT the entry "Program Files (x86)" has PROGRA~2 as the 8.3 equivalent but "MKS Toolkit" does not have an 8.3 equivalent entry. There are a few other similar examples in the same list.
Removing MKS from the machine and removing these from the environment cleared up the problem.

Thanks again,
Pat.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the update, Pat. It is good to know the problem is now resolved.

Please don't hesitate in using our communities site to raise any further questions you might have.

Best regards,
Pat Morrissey
Micro Focus SupportLine
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.