Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
soundar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

orbix: no more available memory

Hi All,

I am using Orbix 3.3 in Solaris.I have written a code in C++ and inside of code, i am creating 10 threads for reading data from large file and building cache memory.All threads will run parallely. When I run my application, I am getting the below run time error after few mins.

"orbix: no more available memory..."

Any idea about this run time error?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: orbix: no more available memory

It appears your application is running out of memory.

I suggest you run some memory analysis to determine the key memory users. There are many such tools available, depending on your platform.

Regards,
Pat
0 Likes
soundar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Pat.

Thanks for your reply. Sure. I check with some memory analysis tool. But more memory is available in my system.

Please see the below top command results (Before start my application) :

load averages: 0.03, 0.02, 0.02; up 35+20:05:15 09:30:10
72 processes: 71 sleeping, 1 on cpu
CPU states: 99.9% idle, 0.1% user, 0.0% kernel, 0.0% iowait, 0.0% swap
Kernel: 1368 ctxsw, 202 trap, 1418 intr, 3783 syscall, 134 flt
Memory: 127G phys mem, 90G free mem, 8192M total swap, 8192M free swap
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see the below top command results (After start my application) :

Memory: 127G phys mem, 86G free mem, 8192M total swap, 8192M free swap

When I start my application, it takes 4 GB memory from free memory.
0 Likes

Thank you for raising an official support ticket with us.

I suggest we continue our analysis via the ticket, rather than through the community's site.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.