Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

Susan wrote:
> George:
>
> Already did that. It retains the pressure. When pumping it up, I was
> able to set it at 38, 25 and 20 psi, turn it on, run water upstairs,
> turn it off, drain it and check the pressure and it was still at the
> pressure I'd set. : )
>


Make sure the pressure gage is accurate. Maybe replace it with a known
good one. My relative had both a pressure switch and gage fail at the
same time. We were trying to adjust the switch and couldn't figure out
what was wrong so on a hunch I replaced the gage and that showed that
the switch was funky.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:33:25 GMT, "Susan"
<nscv.sysop.susan@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>If it were the bladder, would it still hold the pressure, because it
>does. That's what has me confused.


When my pressure tank was failling, I had to constantly add air to the
tank. If it holds the pressure, I would think the tank is ok.
(Someone mentioned checking whether the gauge was ok...you could just
put a tire gauge on the tank to doublecheck the reading.) You also
mentioned somewhere about some debris coming out of the lines...I
would tend to lean toward blockage or partial blockage of the line or
pump.

Ken

Novell....it does a server good!
0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

Good ideas. Thanks. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

Ken:

The gauge is definitely off by a little. When there's 20 lbs of
pressure, the gauge shows 18, so it's about 2 lbs off.

Dave gave me something to do to check for blockages, so I'll try that
today. Thanks for the ideas. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

I doubted that the screens would be the problem, but when you drop pressure
for whatever reason you have to check them. Sounds like something
intermittently interfering with the jet (venturi). Some have a nice
convenient clean out, some don't.


0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

Miles:

Well, John told me that what I thought was the pump actually isn't.
It's just the hookup where the pipes come from the pump and rise up to
go into the building and into the tank.

The pump is actually out in the garden, under a wooden box. Per John,
it's not a shallow well, it's about 100-200 feet down. I couldn't get
the box off this morning to look at the pump itself. I'm not so sure
anything except the electrical part of it is above ground, though.
When I lifted up one of the slats on the pump box to peek inside, what
I saw was a grey box that looks like electrical, and some pipes. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

I kinda doubted you'd get lucky and have a shallow well there.

You have a deep well pump, could be a jet, could have the same problem, but
because it's down in the pipe the fixing part is a lot more trouble.

You need watch the pressure through a pump cycle to know what's going on.

You can measure pressure well enough for this test with your air pressure
gauge. You need to find the pump on pressure and the puimp off pressure.
Probably will be something like 20-40 or 30-50.


0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

Miles:

It's now Wednesday, so I'll be able to be here tomorrow or Friday for
someone to come and fix it. I pretty much just wanted to be able to
exclude things that it might be, and get a better idea of what it might
be, so I know whether whoever I'm talking to is feeding me a line. I
may even have two different companies come out at the same time to
trouble-shoot it and tell me how much it will cost to fix it. : )

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

Susan,

Perhaps you could fly two or three of us out for the weekend, and we could
fix it while we're there?

Ken and I could drive to Chicago, pick up Joe, and fly out from O'Hare.

-Bob Carroll

=
"Susan" <nscv.sysop.susan@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:at9oj.27032$k06.13467@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Miles:
>
> It's now Wednesday, so I'll be able to be here tomorrow or Friday for
> someone to come and fix it. I pretty much just wanted to be able to
> exclude things that it might be, and get a better idea of what it might
> be, so I know whether whoever I'm talking to is feeding me a line. I
> may even have two different companies come out at the same time to
> trouble-shoot it and tell me how much it will cost to fix it. : )
>
> --
> Susan
> Novell Community Chat Moderator
>
> http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
> http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site



0 Likes
islander Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

Bob:

That would probably actually cost less than what it will turn out to
cost! <G>

--
Susan
Novell Community Chat Moderator

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_rules.html
http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site

Susan Novell Community Chat Moderator http://forums.novell.com/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_rules http://www.ncci.org NCCIrregulars Web Site
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:56:00 GMT, "Wallgames.com"
<bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote:

>Susan,
>
>Perhaps you could fly two or three of us out for the weekend, and we could
>fix it while we're there?
>
>Ken and I could drive to Chicago, pick up Joe, and fly out from O'Hare.


Sounds like a fun trip! But I'm playing this weekend...can't bail on
the band.

Novell....it does a server good!
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

You could still Remote Console into the pump. We plan to install an
embedded web server.


"KeN Etter" <kle@_RemoveThis_msktd.com> wrote in message
news:3rv3q3t9befutgm9doora72orqr8eq8l9u@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 01:56:00 GMT, "Wallgames.com"
> <bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote:
>
> >Susan,
> >
> >Perhaps you could fly two or three of us out for the weekend, and we

could
> >fix it while we're there?
> >
> >Ken and I could drive to Chicago, pick up Joe, and fly out from O'Hare.

>
> Sounds like a fun trip! But I'm playing this weekend...can't bail on
> the band.
>
> Novell....it does a server good!



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Anyone know anything about well water pumps?

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:08:18 GMT, "Wallgames.com"
<bob@NOSPAMPLEASEwallgames.com> wrote:

>You could still Remote Console into the pump. We plan to install an
>embedded web server.


Sweet! Not the same as being there....but works for me. 🙂

Novell....it does a server good!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.